Using your emberlight Sockets just got easier. You can now control your lights with the power of your own voice! You can tell your emberlight smart sockets to turn on, off or dim by speaking directly to an Amazon Echo, Echo Dot or any Amazon Alexa enabled device. To link your emberlight account directly to Alexa, simply follow these instructions:
- Open the alexa app on your phone and navigate to menu >> skills.
- Search "emberlight".
- Click the "Enable Skill" button.
- Log into your emberlight account. This is the same login used in the emberlight mobile app.
- Say, "Alexa, discover new devices", or click the discovery option in the smart home section of the Alexa app.
- The individual light names and also the group names will appear under Smart Home in the Alexa app.
- That's it! Now, tell Alexa to turn on the lights!
Once connected, you can use commands like these to control your lights:
Alexa, turn on the living room lights.
Alexa, turn off the porch light.
Alexa, set the kids room light to 10%.
For more information on how to connect visit the emberlight Smart Home skill listing on Amazon.